Banish tension with this feel-good stretch whenever you need a pick-me-up.
The steps to do this Lying Stretch Asana are :
- Lie on your back and raise your arms over your head.
- Inhale as you stretch the right side of your body, keeping the left side relaxed. Your right leg and buttock stretch down, while your right arm and the right side of your torso stretch up. Extend away from the waist in both directions. Hold for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Exhale and relax, then repeat, stretching the left side of your body.
- Now inhale and stretch your whole body. Stretch upward from the waist through your chest and arms, downward through your hips, legs, and toes.
- Exhale and relax completely. Repeat the entire exercise once or twice.
Learn this easy yoga pose with Wai Lana.
Focus in the Pose…
Stretch through your fingers and point your toes. Lengthen the side of your body that you are stretching.
- Quick tension reliever
- Relieves fatigue
- Stretches the entire body