- Wai Lana Yoga Home
- Yoga Lifestyle
- Yoga Shop
These light cupcakes are a perfect sweet treat for anyone, but children especially love them. They're also quick to prepare and a good source of protein, potassium, and phosphorus due to the addition of fresh cashew milk.
1 1⁄4 cFresh cashew milk*
1⁄4 cSafflower oil
1⁄4 cEggless mayonnaise
1⁄2 cLiquid fructose or corn syrup
1 tspnEgg replacer powder
1 1⁄2 cUnbleached white flour
2 tspnBaking powder
1⁄2 cFresh cashew milk*
1⁄2 cBrown sugar
1 TbspSafflower oil
1 TbspMaple syrup
1 TbspCornstarch mixed with 1 Tbsp. water
- Prepare the cashew milk as directed below and set aside. This is for both the cupcakes and the caramel sauce. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Oil a standard 12-cup muffin tray. Place 3/4 cup of the cashew milk in a medium bowl, reserving the remaining 1/2 cup for the sauce. Add the next 6 ingredients and whisk well together. Add the flour and baking powder and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Place the batter in the muffin tray, filling each cup half full. Bake for exactly 22 minutes. The edges should be brown and the tops golden and slightly cracked. Remove from the heat and cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tray.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, prepare the sauce. Place the sugar, oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and water in a small saucepan on medium heat. Bring to a boil and simmer until the sugar is dissolved.
- Slowly whisk in the cashew milk. Cook for 2 more minutes, then gradually add the cornstarch mixture and whisk until thickened to a thick syrup consistency. Remove from the heat and cool slightly before using.
- Spoon 1 Tbsp. sauce evenly over each cupcake, allowing it to coat the sides and top, then repeat until all the syrup is used up. Let the cupcakes sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.
*Cashew milk: Blend 5 Tbsp. raw cashew pieces with 1 1/2 cups hot water until smooth. Strain through a fine strainer.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories: 225, Fat 8.5g (76 cal), Carbohydrate 35.2g (140 cal), Protein 2.1g (9 cal)
Added information: Saturated Fat 0.9g, Cholesterol 1mg, Sodium 152mg, Dietary Fiber 0.5g