- Wai Lana Yoga Home
- Yoga Lifestyle
- Yoga Shop
These delicate, creamy pastries are always a favorite, and no one will guess that they're dairy-free! To make sure there's enough for everyone, you may want to double this recipe.
3⁄4 cFresh cashew milk*
1 tspnolive oil
1 1⁄2 cCauliflower, finely chopped
1 tspnFresh ginger juice**
1 tspnLemon juice
1⁄4 tspnGround coriander
1 pnTurmeric and asafetida
1⁄2 TbspBragg liquid aminos
1⁄16 tspnsalt, or to taste
1 TbspCornstarch mixed with 2 Tbsp. water
3⁄4 cUnbleached white flour
1⁄4 cWhole wheat pastry flour
2 tspnEgg replacer powder
1⁄2 tspnBaking powder
1⁄16 tspnBaking soda
3 Tbspolive oil
1 TbspEggless mayonnaise
3 TbspWater, or as needed
- Prepare the cashew milk as directed below and set aside. Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet on medium heat and sauté the cauliflower until lightly browned. Add a little water and cook until tender.
- Stir in the cashew milk and the next 6 filling ingredients and gently simmer for a few minutes. Add the cornstarch mixture and stir until thickened. Cool before using.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Combine the dry pastry ingredients in a medium bowl. Add the oil and eggless mayonnaise and rub in until evenly crumbly. Gradually add enough water to make a soft ball.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces. On a floured work surface, roll the pieces out into thin circles about 1/16 inch thick. Spoon 1/8 of the filling onto one side of each pastry, leaving room to seal.
- Fold the other side over the filling. Seal by fork-pressing the edges evenly. Prick the tops and lay the pastries on an oiled cookie sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, or until light golden brown.
*Cashew milk: Blend 1/4 cup raw cashew pieces with 1 cup hot water until smooth. Strain through a fine strainer.
**To make fresh ginger juice, simply grate some fresh ginger, then manually squeeze the pulp.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories: 150, Fat 8.3g (74 cal), Carbohydrate 16.2g (64 cal), Protein 2.9g (12 cal)
Added information: Saturated Fat 1.3g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 168mg, Dietary Fiber 1.4g