- Wai Lana Yoga Home
- Yoga Lifestyle
- Yoga Shop
This dish is topped with mango, which gives it a fresh, cooling effect. To have fresh mangoes all year around, peel and seed them when they're in season and freeze. Simply steam lightly to thaw when needed. Use fresh mangoes for this recipe when in season. Mangoes are rich in beta-carotene and vitamin C.
1 1⁄2 cWater
1⁄2 cPlain couscous
1⁄2 TbspBragg liquid aminos
2 tspnOlive oil + 2 Tbsp. for pan-frying
2 TbspGreen onion, minced
1⁄4 cCarrot, finely grated
1⁄2 ceach celery and cucumber, minced
2 Tbspfresh cilantro, mint, and basil, minced
1 1⁄2 TbspEggless mayonnaise
1 TbspBragg liquid aminos
1 TbspLemon juice
1⁄4 tspnBlack pepper
1 TbspGranulated fructose
2 TbspEgg replacer powder
3 cfresh bread crumbs
1 1⁄8 corange juice
2 1⁄2 Tbspfresh ginger juice*
3 TbspBragg liquid aminos
1⁄2 Tbsptoasted sesame oil
1 Tbsprice vinegar
1 1⁄2 Tbspgranulated fructose, add to taste
2 TbspCornstarch mixed with 2 Tbsp. water
1 cFresh mango, finely chopped
2 TbspRed onion, minced
1 TbspFresh mint, minced
1 TbspFresh cilantro, minced
1 TbspLemon juice
1⁄2 tspnFresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
1 tspnGranulated fructose
1⁄8 tspnBlack pepper
1⁄3 calmonds, sliced and toasted, Fresh Mint
- Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the couscous, 1/2 Tbsp. aminos, and 1 tsp. of the olive oil. Bring to a boil again, then remove from the heat and let sit covered for 20 minutes until the water is completely absorbed.
- Heat 1 tsp. of the olive oil in a nonstick skillet and sauté the green onion, carrot, celery, and cucumber for a minute. Transfer to a large bowl along with the cooked couscous and the next 6 ingredients. Mix well.
- In a small bowl whisk the egg replacer and water until frothy. Make fresh bread crumbs using a coffee grinder or food processor. Add 3/4 cup of the bread crumbs to the couscous mixture and mix well.
- Roll the couscous mixture into 6 balls. Brush each ball with egg replacer batter, then roll in the bread crumbs. Flatten and shape into patties about 1/4 inch thick. Pan-fry 3 patties at a time in a nonstick skillet on medium heat until golden brown on both sides, using 1/2 Tbsp. oil for each side. Repeat for the rest.
- In a small saucepan bring the first 6 sauce ingredients to a boil. Stir in the cornstarch mixture and whisk until the sauce thickens. Set aside. Gently mix all the salsa ingredients together and set aside.
- To assemble each serving, spoon about 3 Tbsp. citrus sauce on a plate. Place a patty on the sauce. Spoon 2 Tbsp. mango salsa on top. Just before serving sprinkle with toasted almonds and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
*To make fresh ginger juice, simply grate some fresh ginger, then manually squeeze the pulp.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories: 321, Fat 12.7g (114 cal), Carbohydrate 44.8g (179 cal), Protein 6.9g (28 cal)
Added information: Saturated Fat 1.3g, Cholesterol 1mg, Sodium 648mg, Dietary Fiber 3.4g