This isn't just any old pumpkin pie recipe! With a rich and creamy filling packed into a deep-dish pie crust, this ginger-spiced pie will surely bring smiles to everyone's face. Once baked, a simple but elegant gourmet dish revealed.
- 3 cups steamed and puréed pumpkin (or from can)
- 2 cups 5% table cream
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp arrowroot starch
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- ¼ cup sliced candied ginger (optional)
- Candied ginger slivers (optional)
- Whipped cream
- Line a spring-form pan with butter crust pastry. See Pressed-in Golden Butter Crust Pastry.
- Pour all above ingredients into a blender or mixing bowl and combine well.
- Pour mixture into the pie shell and sprinkle candied ginger slivers on top (optional).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until top starts to crack and looks cooked.
- Let pie cool to set before serving.
- Best served with whipped cream. Pie can be stored in refrigerator.