Synchronizing yoga sound meditation with breathing helps focus the mind.
- Lie down on your back in a comfortable position.
- Let your feet fall outward and turn your palms up. Close your eyes and relax completely.
- Become aware of your breath. As you inhale, mentally say to yourself, “I am aware I am inhaling.” As you exhale, mentally say to yourself, “I am aware I am exhaling.” Do this a few times.
- With your next exhalation, repeat out loud the ancient yoga sound “Aum Hari Aum.” The sound should last as long as your exhalation.
- For the length of your next inhalation, mentally repeat the same sound, “Aum Hari Aum.”
- Continue for as long as you like.
- As you repeat “Aum Hari Aum” out loud, listen carefully to the sound as it emanates from your mouth. Feel it vibrate in your throat and on your tongue, lips, and face as you repeat it.
- Establish a rhythm that’s comfortable for you.
- Rest your heart and mind completely in the spiritually comforting sound and let it wash away all your stress, worry, and anxiety.
- Eases tension and stress
- Oxygenates and purifies the blood
- Enhances your mental alertness and clarity
- Brings inner peace and happiness
- ‹ Previous Asana
- Next Asana ›