1. Stand with your feet together, then inhale slowly through your nose as you raise your arms to the sides. Fill your lungs completely as you bring your arms over your head until your hands meet.
2. Exhale audibly through your mouth as you lower your arms to your sides, emptying your lungs completely. Repeat 5 to 10 times, then relax.
If you have trouble balancing on your tiptoes, stand with your back to a wall.
1. Stand with your feet hip-width apart. Inhale and raise your arms over your head.
2. Interlock your fingers and turn your palms up. Press your elbows straight and look up at your hands.
3. Rise onto your toes and stretch your whole body upward. Breathe slowly and deeply as you hold for 5 to 10 seconds.
4. Exhale as you lower your heels, straighten your head, and lower your arms. Repeat 3 to 5 times.