The movement of your breathing combined with this easy twist stretches, massages, and stimulates your abdominal organs..
- From a sitting position, come onto your left knee and sit on your heel. Place your right foot flat on the floor and rest your hands on your knees.
- Inhale fully and extend your right arm.
- Gaze at your fingertips as you slowly exhale and rotate your torso to the right.
- When you’ve turned as far as comfortable, inhale and lower your arm. Place the back of your hand on your left hip or to the left of your lower back. Press your right shoulder back. Breathe slowly and evenly to your abdomen. As you inhale, allow your abdomen to expand. As you exhale, draw it inward. Hold the pose for 15 to 30 seconds.
- Raise your arm to shoulder level.
- Release the twist as you inhale and rotate back to center.
- Lower your hand and change sides.
- Press your hand against your knee to provide gentle leverage to help you twist further.
- Keep the underside of your chin parallel to the floor so your head is not tilted.
- If you’re constipated, you can drink a couple of glasses of water immediately before practicing this pose to get your bowels moving.
- Helps improve digestion and elimination
- Relieves gas
- Makes the spine more flexible
- Gently massages the abdominal organs